Welcome to the first of hopefully many Frugal 5 Fridays where I list 5 frugal things we did this week to save money. As a recap this week was not great on the frugal frontier, we ended up eating out a few times because doctors appointments and getting frugal kid #1 back and forth from preschool on my own left me tired and not wanting to cook (not a great reason but hey, that’s life right?). So here are my 5 frugal things:
- I returned 3 items back to the store that we weren’t using. (I’m not great at this so I feel like I was putting money back in my pocket).
- I tried out Aldi for the first time and I’m in love! All 3 frugal kids are big fruit eaters so to be able to score lots of fruit for not a lot of money (99 cent blueberries?!) was wonderful.
- I did an account check up to make sure that all of our accounts are doing what they’re supposed to.
- I said no to a gift that I came super close to purchasing for frugal husband, I was entering my paypal credentials close and stopped myself.
- I started this blog and began the process of learning the best way to do this thing!