This was a very busy week here in the frugal five household, but we did manage to do a few frugal things.
- I made a focused effort to spend less on food, we went back to Aldi on Sunday and managed to get some good deals on snacks and fruit.
- In that same vein I made 3 meals that were under $10 and fed all 5 of us plus lunches for frugal husband for the week.
- I made sure to unplug electronics that weren’t in use on my way to bed.
- Frugal husband worked extra hours on Sunday to bring in some more income (more on that in a future post).
- We had 3 days straight of weather that was over 90 degrees and were able to get by on no air conditioner for the first day by closing the windows and curtains while the house was still cool.
What did you do this week to save money?
3 thoughts on “Frugal 5 Friday 6/16/17”
I ignored the snack aisle while shopping for home goods and told myself, “I can eat when I get home.” I’ve learned that most of the time, the small reward of sugar isn’t worth the money.
Yes! I need to get better at doing this! I always want a donut!
Oreos are my nemesis. I even made a deal with myself that I could get a treat once per week. Then, it became once per calendar week (so anything bought on a Saturday didn’t count toward my Sunday treat-limit). Glad to hear I’m not the only one!