Another week of some frugal and not so frugal things! Here are my 5, and if you’re reading and would like to share your frugal accomplishments in the comments I’d love to read them!
- I picked up some new to us clothes for frugal child #1. This is a new exploration for me because I tend to shop sales and at the end of a season for the following year which saves a great deal of money, but I’m realizing that there are ALWAYS people selling clothes on facebook yard sale groups and thrift stores. I’m not sure how I feel about it yet, but frugal child was pretty happy that I got him a John Deere shirt.
- My parents (the frugal grandparents) live next door to us and they have a booming crop of strawberries. There are so many that they’ve run out of containers to store them in, so I told them I would accept 13 cups and I’m going to try my hand at strawberry jam.
- I made a dish that called for 1lb of ground beef and instead of using a full lb. I split it in half to be used in a different dish, no one noticed the difference and I actually prefer it that way!
- Frugal kids #2 and #3 decided that popcorn cooked on the stove with melted butter added was pretty fantastic so we watched a special show and had popcorn, I consider this a win because even really good gourmet popping corn is pretty cheap as snacks go.
- I had friends ask us to go out to dinner and instead I invited them over for a make your own sandwich bar. It was way more relaxed and we had a much better time not having to wrangle 3 kiddos in a restaurant!