Boy did I struggle this week! It seemed like money was just leaking out from everywhere! I managed a few things, but it feels like we veered off track.
- I picked up a turkey a few weeks back from Aldi for 1.29 lb which is a thanksgiving sale kind of price, anyhoo we had that for dinner and my parents came over too. I can’t think of a single restaurant that we could have gone to that would have fed 4 adults and 3 children for about $18 which was my meal cost for the Turkey and all the fixings. We had turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, butternut squash and fresh string beans from my parents garden.
- Frugal husband made turkey stock with the carcass in the crockpot and we got enough to make 2 giant pots of soup ( a tomato, rice and turkey, and broccoli cheddar) Combined total for the 2 soups which we got multiple servings of over the course of a few days was $12!!
- I’m looking to be more planful with our meals like we were this past week, we had 0 food waste, so on that note, I created a meal plan starting tomorrow for the next 2 weeks. I’ll be shopping tomorrow morning, and will post about how I did soon!
- We had NO eating out or takeout this week woot!
- I took the kids to the park and I resisted the temptation to buy them snacks while we were out and about, I brought their cups and we had snacks before we went and lunch when we got home.
3 thoughts on “Frugal 5 Friday 7/28/17”
We all have weeks where we feel like the spending never ends. I’m glad you had a few times where you could save a bit! I’m needing to get busy menu planning again. I’ve been cooking a lot the past week, and that’s getting me even more inspired to continue doing better with that in the future.
I put my weekly update on my blog: https://beckyathome.wordpress.com/2017/07/30/saving-money-and-weekly-update-july-30-2017/
Thanks for stopping by Becky- your pictures are lovely!