Wow what beautiful weather we’ve been having! Global warming aside, it has been nice to enjoy such wonderful sunny weather. Last week was quite the week. Frugal husband and I both had 2 days off. We were able to knock off 2 big things from our master list of never ending items that we need to get done, so that was nice! Frugal kid #3 hasn’t been sleeping, AT ALL which is totally unlike her and a gentle reminder of why we’re done having kids- I don’t think I could take the newborn awake all the time stage again. The snuggles are great, but I’m ready for things to go back to a more normal state. I know this time will pass quickly enough and the sleeplessness will be a distant memory soon enough, but man do I miss sleep.
As a note before I move on to the frugal things we did last week. We do LOTS of frugal things on a daily basis that I don’t account for here ( we don’t have cable, our landline is only for calling locally, we cook from scratch and avoid eating out etc. etc.), I try to mention things here that are different from the norm that people might find helpful.
Anyhoo, here they are:
- I cleaned out my yarn! I have sooo much yarn. I have a lot of yarn that I purchased during my less frugal days and when I had just started learning to crochet and didn’t really know that pretty doesn’t always = fun to work with. So, I brought 2 giant boxes to our town dump swap area, when I went back a few hours later it was already gone. It feels good to be able to see everything that I have now and not feel guilty about the yarn I’m not going to be using. It also prevents me from having to purchase more yarn because I can’t find what I already have.
- We cleaned out our pantry. We had a gallon of water leak down in the bottom of our pantry 🙁 no fun! But it forced me to do a major clean out. I was able to combine containers of stuff and group like items together. I also used $100 of our normal monthly budget to stock up on peanut butter, jam, pasta, and toiletries. It feels good to have more of a stock of these items that we use all the time.
- I took advantage of an offer from target and some good coupons and stocked up on things like toothpaste, shampoo, contact solution and panty liners. I saved $15 in paper coupons and another $50 with cartwheels and a 10% off digital coupon.
- We ate soup twice last week. We’re big soup lovers around here and it’s nice on the budget.
- I’ve been unplugging our wireless router again at night when it’s not in use. We’ve found that it has a big impact on our electric bill.
Anyhoo, that’s all for me! What did you do last week that was frugal?