I for one am ready for spring! We’ve had some good melting as of late, but there’s still about a foot and a half of snow in our front yard. I’m itching to get into my garden, but it’ll be awhile yet before we get there. Anyhoo, here’s what we did to be frugal this last week:
- I didn’t buy any new clothes for my youngest, she tends to move a size up in the middle/end of the season and this time we had plenty, in fact she’s got so much clothes she could probably wear a new outfit for a month without repeats! This is because of hand me downs from her older sister, her older cousin, and I bought a bag of random clothes for $20 from the facebook market place last fall that was stuffed with like new clothes from carter’s and oshkosh. She will be covered for the rest of this winter, spring, summer and at least the start of next fall (unless she goes through a major growth spurt.
- Along those same lines- I bought all 3 new winter coats on major clearance, we had some extra funds and I saved 60% off, they still were not cheap, but they’re on the bigger side so they should get more than one year our of them and they’re very warm and durable which is needed given that we have about 7 months of winter coat wearing.
- Instead of ice melt on our walk when it was slippery, we used the free sand and salt mix from our local highway department.
- I paid attention when checking out at the grocery store and both times I was there the person ringing me up put in the wrong code for the produce I was buying which resulted in the price being almost double the cost. Probably an honest mistake and they fixed it right away, but a good reminder to pay attention.
- I finished a book! My goal this year is to read at least 12 books- most of these books were purchased for 50 cents at our favorite book sale!
- Bonus: I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned- we have re-started the major clean out that we started on last year, we didn’t backslide at all, but we never finished and with kids it’s a never ending cycle of toys/clothes/baby gear, that they no longer use. Now that we know we’re finished having kids, I’ve been able to pass along a lot of our stuff and it’s giving us more breathing room in the process! We’ve been loading up our van and making 2 trips a weekend, and I sorted 3 big garbage bags of clothes that we’ll pass on to a friend.
So that’s all friends! Hope you have a wonderful week- what are you looking forward to?