Phew this week flew by! I was traveling for work on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, which was both frugal and not so frugal. Frugal because my meals were all covered during that time, but not so frugal because Frugal Husband drove down to where I was staying and we definitely indulged in an expensive meal (we both have a weakness for good food).
Anyhoo, here’s what I DID manage to do this week:
- I made sure to save all of my receipts for business expenses so that I get reimbursed (Sometimes I let the little things slide).
- I didn’t take part in the amazon prime day. I so badly wanted to go and look at what was on sale, but we didn’t need anything and I know that I would have found something to waste money on.
- I went to Aldi for the first time in a few weeks, I was out doing other things and would have probably rather gone home, but I forced myself to go and got some really good deals on fresh produce which we were badly in need of.
- The frugal kids have been really into popcorn as a snack, so we had that a couple of times this week. Popcorn is relatively healthy and is a huge bang for your buck. We pop it on the stove.
- We started cleaning out our basement and I discovered that our old changing table fits perfectly into a spot in our new bathroom and will be great for storage.
What did you do to save money this week?